I don't find God in my heart (individualism) or in heaven (metaphysics). Although religion, on a daily basis, tempts me in these directions. Rather, I look for the "neighbor who is within reach." And in "being there for others" I encounter Christ. This is a true, this-worldly, Old Testament, Incarnational, John 1.14 transcendence. A nonreligious Christianity. The Word is flesh and blood and lives in my neighborhood.
Home
»
To find God I don't leave this world to search Somewhere Beyond the Blue.
» To find God I don't leave this world to search Somewhere Beyond the Blue.
Advertisement
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Posts
-
majority of Britain's 13-year-olds have drunk alcohol, marking a worrying "tipping point" for underage drinking, the home secr...
-
“What we think, we become.” There would have been a time when I would have really resonated with this quote and no doubt have even said ...
-
Then they outlined the spiritual answer and program of action which a hundred of them had followed successfully. Though I had been only a ...
-
Actually, the human lethal dose of caffeine is around 10 grams. But you would have to drink about 100 cups of coffee to even have a chance ...
-
People who don’t like “addicts” or their lifestyle will often point out that relapse (“falling off the wagon”, resumption of drug use after ...
-
Research on this topic is incomplete, and we know that stress can trigger relapse in a recovering person. It appears that stress can increa...
-
The Ninth Step Promises Copyright © Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. The choice is ours... Do we want more of what brought us t...
-
Teenagers will be targeted through new and inventive school lessons in an attempt to curb underage drinking in Norwich.Alcohol awareness ses...
-
Every Saturday morning, Matt Hidy heads to Moeller High School, gathers a crew of 10 to 20 fellow students and carpools to Over-the-Rhine.Th...
-
DREAMWARRIOR teaches how to become fundamentally present and how to arise in mastery of your mind and ego, so that you are no longer involun...
Post a Comment