Fraser Trevor Fraser Trevor Author
Title: Dream Healers epistles, A Journey towards God
Author: Fraser Trevor
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
Coming to the end of my time in Spain and Portugal.I look back on a time of unequal spiritual growth and understanding.In effect the person ...
Coming to the end of my time in Spain and Portugal.I look back on a time of unequal spiritual growth and understanding.In effect the person I brought to Spain in late September 2010 is not the one I am with today.The Spiritual growth has surprised me as after 30 years in the fellowships and much work in the fellowships and lay charities I thought I had seen everything.Seen everything but experienced nothing.The conversion from a skeptic to a believer has been rapid.The understanding or coming to believe has freed me from some of the burdens of self.The humility of having to do the 12 step program in 4 hours and the discipline and commitment it requires has freed me from a lot of materialistic dross.Each time I partake another layer falls away and I learn something wonderful and new.

My new friends and contacts are as if they are old family friends and I value each highly.The lessons I have learned during the 85 continuous days of meetings are perhaps the most important and not in a co-dependant way as they revealed the true joy and structure of the fellowship.The rich welcome from my friends within Alanon and the grace and courage that they used opened gently the doors to the wider understanding of the grace of God.The true extent of the awakening I have yet to experience the legacy of the steps challenges us all to constantly work with the hopeless and dispossessed of which we have been one.The new challenge I have been asked to participate in is the Traditions in 4 hours.Therefore I look forward to new revelations within my life.
In the next few days I will be travelling up threw Spain and back to the United Kingdom I ask for the grace of God ,my higher power to go and remain with me.The Spiritual lessons of humility tolerance and love are a lasting reminder of the last five wonderful months living a gypsy existence on the road in Southern Spain and 85 wonderful meetings and the convention which has changed my life.DREAMWARRIOR


A Journey towards God
The ferry bumps , lurches  staggering its way across the Bay of Biscay leaving behind a Europe in Crisis.The hotel in Santander reminding me old values of bygone age Victoriana with wi-fi.The town deserted by the three king brigade of festival partygoers shivered in the keen January weather.The deceptive twelve degrees showing on the mini cooper plastic dash as the car sort to shake off its accumulated four months of  Spanish mountain road dust. Failing to take into account the biting northerly breeze reminding me of the 1000 miles of journeying forever northwards again.Four brief months earlier with the weather starting its annual deteration I had travelled this route sick and ill with the accumulated dross of forty years of hard living.Now was the time to take stock and look at my newly found inventory of that four interesting months.I had felt as though I was the recipient of old memories and that the good times what ever they had been were behind me on arriving in Spain this illusion was to persist for sometime.
The shock of a late night drive threw an unknown land was quickly impressed on me by my failure to update my satnav.The drive onto the plains surrounding Madrid  included streaches of unrecognized autopista and roadworks the journey soaked up time with large white mercedes vans  loaming out of tne darknes at breakneck speeds with headlights ablaze throwing the interior into instant illumination.The doubts and lack of planning for the journey invading my tired mind.The reality sharply contrasting from the cosy ideal of scaty armchair planning and a doubt starting in my mind could I given the circumstances place any reliance on my judgement or that of the out of date satnav.The lack of human contact to bounce my ideas of started to cloud my judgement.

Advertisement

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

FeedBurner FeedCount

 
Top